AIRFRAME INNOVATIONS INC
PDQ Emergency Egress System
ATTENTION CANADIANS! TCCA HAS ISSUED AN AMOC FOR THIS STC. Aircraft equipped with our system are exempt from TCCA AD CF-2020-10. For a free download of the AMOC for your review, simply add the document to your cart from the shop.
STC APPROVED, absolutely NO modifications to the door. All exterior parts are made with stainless steel for corrosion resistance.
The Cessna 206, has a long standing design that does not allow rapid egress for the occupants in the rear of the aircraft. When the Cessna 206 flaps are deployed in the landing configuration, the rear passenger door is obstructed virtually trapping the rear occupants inside the aircraft. When the aircraft is equipped with floats, this situation is exaggerated to a known hazard in a water upset.
Airframe Innovations Inc. has engineered and designed a simple effective PDQ Emergency Egress System. Built with fail-safes to withstand in-flight uncertainties and Airport security protocols the PDQ Emergency Egress System is a potential LIFE SAVER!
Installs in about 1 hour!
1. I'm in Canada, is this approved? Yes. Canada issued a Global Alternative Method of Compliance (AMOC) with Transport Canada Airworthiness Directive CF-2020-10 on July 24, 2023. The installation of our STC exempts your aircraft from the AD requirements. See the listing in our shop for a free download of the actual document for your review at
2. There is a lot of talk about the possibility of passengers activating the door release in flight, what is your response to this claim?
Our team at Airframe Innovations agreed that this question needed to be thoroughly investigated and so we cooperated with the FAA to produce an outstanding emergency exit. Through multiple testing scenarios with the actual equipment (no simulations) under the observation of the FAA and the guidance of our areonautical engineer, it was determined that the mechanical failsafes inherent to the design and the very nature of the system requires INTENTIONAL ACTS IN THE CORRECT ORDER to release the door, as per the operating instructions. Additionally, the force required to pull the red handle is more than tripled when the red handle is pulled first (against operating instructions). When the door is in the in-flight locked position (as it should be on any 206 while in flight), the door will not fall off with just pulling the red handle, and pulling the red handle on a locked door will be very difficult.
3. How long does it take to install? About 1-2 hours as long as both hinges on the forward door are in alignment. You are going from two hinge pins to one hinge pin assembly.
4. What is your lead time? When in stock, we can ship immediately, if out of stock, lead time is 1 week.
5. Will this STC modify my doors? Absolutely not. There is no modification to the door. A base plate is installed in the wall of the fuselage and a small hole is cut in the fuselage to accomodate the shaft.
6. What models does this STC cover? This STC covers the following models:
206, U206, U206A, U206B, U206C, U206D, U206E, U206F, U206G, TU206A, TU206B, TU206C, TU206D, TU206E, TU206F, TU206G, 206H, T206H.
7. Do you know when TCCA will issue the AMOC? The AMOC was issued on July 24, 2023. Thank you for your patience!
8. Does this STC restrict seat placement? No, the seats are able to move in accordance with the current Cessna Service Manual.
9. How much does it weigh? We weighed an entire kit in it's plastic packaging and it weighed 2 pounds.
Any further questions, please call 907-388-9890.
top of page
bottom of page